Join the Remarkably Human IT™ team and get ready to love your work.
We focus on hiring rock-solid IT experts who are genuinely great with people. We strive to be a compassionate and calming force in times of chaos. We are more than dependable IT consultants with high-level skill-sets, certifications, and experience. We embody collaboration, courage, teamwork, and trust. We form relationships that transcend business and care deeply about clients, partners, and each other. This is a commitment honored every day in a Remarkably Human approach to solving technology challenges.
Become a Senior IT Engineer/Consultant
Uncommon is seeking an individual who naturally solves business problems by implementing solutions that align with our clients business objectives. As a Senior IT Consultant, you will be working in a highly visible and engaging team to provide solid and creative solutions to address a wide range of technical challenges and opportunities. Your experience managing on-premise and cloud systems, driving adoption of new technologies, and providing top-notch service to customers at all levels within organizations, will allow you to hit the ground running and to contribute right away.
- Provide clients with technical expertise pertaining to networking, mobility, virtualization and cloud-based solutions
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies including, when necessary, updating existing infrastructure to ensure optimal network performance
- Develop IT strategies to ensure the networking, compute and storage infrastructure meets existing and future requirements based on business objectives and regulations
- Have an understanding of hybrid cloud architectures and proven best practices that enable high operational resiliency
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a variety of environments, have excellent follow-up skills, provide detailed documentation, and be able to work effectively and independently
- Participation in drafting proposals, product research, and sales meetings with prospective clients may be required
- Ability to identify and define business problems (issues) and objectives for our clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience with the maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments
- Strong experience with Office 365 administration, Active Directory / Azure Directory
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (Office 365, EMS, Azure and Systems Center a +), Active Directory, and DNS
- Strong experience with Windows Sever infrastructures and topologies
- Switches, router, firewall and other network device experience
- Windows support and management knowledge
- Experience providing IT support
- Ability to work independently and proactively with little supervision, while managing multiple priorities within multiple clients
- Ability and experience in delegation of tasks and leading IT engineers
- 3-5 years of direct experience in deploying and configuring infrastructure equipment
- Experience implementing and managing Microsoft Azure & Office365
- Successful track record of implementing technology solutions via defined projects
- Understanding of emerging technologies
- Experience with infrastructure security
- Mobile Device Management (Microsoft Intune)
- Windows Deployment and Automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Certifications strongly preferred: MCITP, CCNA, CISSP, and VC
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable
- Infrastructure Migration Experience
- Azure Cloud Knowledge
- MSFT Stack of Solutions Knowledge
At Uncommon Solutions, we believe...
- IT spending must be tightly aligned with customers' business strategies/priorities, and they must support their most important goals
- Fancy technical solutions people can’t/won’t use or don't trust are worthless
- Creating an in-house environment helps our employees thrive
- Honest relationships and clear communication with customers give IT strong business value
- When IT is thoughtfully/skillfully applied, the results can be game-changing
- Getting the “human side” of technology right is just as important as the technical parts
- IT solutions can be cost-effectively tailored to even small business' unique needs/wants
If you agree, and you are looking to join a team that is more like a family than individuals earning paychecks, we want to hear from you.
Uncommon Solutions is always looking for Remarkably Human IT™ experts. If you’d like to join the Uncommon team, we’d like to hear from you.